Anakeesta Adventure Park is coming this summer! The park is Gatlinburg’s newest family-friendly vacation destination with more than 70 acres of mountainside adventure, including a mountain coaster, dual-racing zip lines, tree-top canopy walks, scenic overlooks, shopping and dining.
When you visit White Oak Lodge and Resort this spring and summer, visit Anakeesta and take in the scenery while having a blast.
Michele Canney, Marketing Director, Anakeesta “Anakeesta is Gatlinburg’s newest family attraction located in the heart of downtown, right across the street from Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies. On-site paid parking allows guests convenient access before embarking on the Anakeesta Chondola ride to the summit of Anakeesta Mountain. Upon arrival, guests can shop at Firefly Village and enjoy the many tree-based adventures at this natural forested playground.”
Location, Location, Location
It all starts at Anakeesta in the heart of Downtown Gatlinburg. From there, take a scenic ride to the park!
That’s not a typo. Chondolas are the new way to travel at places that require aerial transportation, like ski resorts. A combination of a chair lift and gondola, you’ll be able to ride the enclosed chondola from Anakeesta to Anakeesta Mountain, nestled next to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Once at the park, outdoor adventure seekers can soar on the mountain coaster or race family and friends on the dual zip lines. Guests of all ages will enjoy the scenic overlooks, hiking the trails that meander through the park, or the serene tree top canopy walkway.
Unique Shopping and Dining at Firefly Village
- Discover Anakeesta’s magical tree house themed retail stores featuring handmade candies, jewelry, local crafts, clothing and unique gifts.
- Dine with friends and family while relaxing at shaded picnic pavilions.
- Relax and take in the sunset at the summit of Anakeesta Mountain.
- Enjoy our spectacular views of Mt. LeConte and the sparkling lights of downtown Gatlinburg.
Tree-Based Adventures Await
- Zip side-by-side with friends and family through the tree canopy on Gatlinburg’s fastest dual-racing zip line.
- Fly on a high-speed mountain coaster with twists and turns through the forest then enjoy the ride back to the summit.
- Explore and discover the forests’ canopy 40 – 60 feet above ground on our 22 span bridge treetop canopy walk.
- Families of all ages can play, climb and discover together at the Anakeesta tree house playground.
It looks like 2017 is the year to plan your White Oak Lodge and Resort vacation! Be sure to check out Anakeesta while you’re there.
COMMENT: What’s your favorite outdoor adventure in Gatlinburg?
Photos courtesy of Anakeesta